What is Trichomoniasis?
Trichomoniasis is an STI caused by a parasite which affects the vagina, cervix, urethra and bladder.
What are the symptoms?
Around 70% of infected individuals do not have any symptoms
Men may experience:
- Itching or agitation inside the penis
- Burning following urination or ejaculation
- Discharge from the penis
Women may experience:
- Tingling or pain in the genitals
- Burning during or after urination
- A vaginal discharge that could be clear, yellowish, white or greenish with an unusual fishy smell.
What's the treatment?
Trichomoniasis is treated with a course of antibiotics.
It is important to complete the full course and for all partners to be treated.
What do we test?
At Test Easy – Trichomoniasis testing is painless, quick and easy.
A urine sample is all we need. We also test for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea as part of the same test.
Results are available within 2 day of processing.